Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Books, Books, Books!!!

I love reading! I come by it naturally...my Grandmother loves to ready romance novels by the 5 cent bag full who instilled the love of books to my mother who always has a book or book on tape...sometimes both! I remember when I was younger, mom and dad always reading mysteries....Stephen King, Dean Koontz, John Grisham. So, that is what I tended to read as a young adult. R.L. Stine was my favorite author as a teen. Mom would censor (per my request) which King or Koontz would be good and not too scary. The older I have gotten, the more variety I read...although fiction still my favorite. I have a hard time getting through non-fiction. I never thought I would love girly, mindless romances, but I do!!

Besides my crafty hobbies, the bookstore gets a lot of our money!!! We are in there at least once a week! I could never have a nook, kindle thing because I love holding my books, turning the pages, reading about the author, and thumbing through the front and back before I dive into my new read!

I usually have a stack on my nightstand or office waiting for me. I always have a wish list at the bookstore! I have multiple authors that I read everything they write, other authors have series that I am hooked on.

Currently, I am reading Gil McNeil's "Knit One Pearl One". It is the third in a yarn shop series that takes place in a small seaside town in England.

I LOVE Nicholas Sparks!!! I have read everything he has written and all the movies to come from those books!

My inspiration for the yarn store came from Kate Jacobs' novels, "Friday Night Knitting Club"! I have also read her "Knit Two", "Knit the Season", (both followups to FNKC) and "Comfort Food".

When True Blood debuted on HBO about two years ago, Casey and I were so excited...a new show! After the first episode, we were hooked! And realized that it was based on Charlaine Harris' Sookie Stackhouse book series! I jumped all over that and I have read all 11 of them! (The 12th comes out this summer.) We collect the True Blood box sets too!
Interesting side note for you Emporia gals....I put a link to the #1 True Blood Fan site above and guess who created and manages it....Melissa Lowery! Plus she operates websites for Chuck and several other popular TV shows.

My favorite bookstore owner and friend recommended a lighter, fun vampire series by Mary Janice Davidson's...The Undead, Vampire Betsy books. She has 10 so far and the 11th comes out this summer!

"PS I Love You" is one off my favorite books and movies!!

Chocolate Shop Series
is fun too!

WHAT ARE YOUR FAVORITE AUTHORS OR BOOKS!?!? Please share, anyone want to start a book club??

Happy reading!!!

2 comments:

Janel said...

I have been reading Kim Harrison The Hollows series. I checked out #7 in the series about a year ago and then had to go back and read from the beginning. Charlaine Harris Sookie Stackhouse series is on my list of books to read. I just started another series, can't remember the name. On to book # 2 for me. A book club sounds great. What's our first book?

Stampin Dj said...

John Grisham is definitely my top author. Started in HS when I watched The Pelican Brief, then I had to read the book, and then go back and read his other books that came out prior to that one.
Thankfully at that time, my mom was working for the library, so I got to read them as soon as they came out, before they went on the shelf for other patrons. :)
I have lost count at how many times I've read and watched The Pelican Brief. I even wrote at least one paper for a comp class about the differences between the book and the movie, down to a different colored enveloped used in one scene.