I wrote a "note" on Facebook last year about my love of FOOD! Instead of recomposing it, I just copied it over and added other random thoughts from my foodie brain!!
---------
1/10
Yes, that's right...I admit it...I LOVE FOOD, I love to eat and love, love, love food! Last week I watched Julie and Julia and can't stop thinking about it! Why have I never written about food before, or gone into a food related field or even just had a desire to cook and bake...I don't know...I think I just love eating!
We attended a rehearsal dinner Friday night at KC Bucca de Peppos...OMG...HEAVEN!!!. I could have eaten all night; I felt bad leaving such good food behind to just be thrown away. Everyone else was full and I asked my husband if it was bad that I wasn't. From the salad and garlic bread, to the spaghetti and chicken parmesan and finally the Tiramisu....IT WAS FABULOUS!!!
So, here we are....my latest thoughts about restaurants, food, etc.
1. Does anyone else make noises while they eat??? The "hmmmm", "ohhhh", and "OMG this is soooo good!"...anyone? I think it is inherited, cus my dad does the same thing and I am proudly teaching my niece the fine art of truly enjoying her food!
2. Latest cravings....why have I been craving Mac and Cheese??(No I am NOT pregnant) And NOT home made or Velveeta cheesy mac...just plain good 'ol Kraft Mac and Cheese in the blue box...powdered orange cheese with 1/4 cup milk and 1/4 cup butter. It is sad, but I can eat a whole box by myself. Tonight I did share with my hubby.
3. MEXICAN...now I can eat this 7 days a week, any kind, anywhere...cheap 'ol Taco Bell, here in Emporia we have a multitude of choices....Casa Ramos (best Sangria and huge portions), La Hacienda (drug of choice), El Lorito, and several other hole in the wall places . There is just something about the cheese, beans, chips and salsa...oh it is all sooo goood!!! Mexican cheesy euphoria is what I call it! :)
(See now this is really sad cus now I am hunger again and want a TACO!!)
4. My husband says I am susceptible...see #3...and yes, he is right. I can see a commercial, magazine ad, radio ad, talk about it, smell it....and I want it. Today I drove by Bobby D's...it smelled so good...told Casey tonight that we will be going to Bobby D's sometime this weekend.
5. I use to say I exercise because I love to eat...now that is true even more! I have gain more weight recently and I am trying to find a good gym or workout program for myself. I have got to loose some weight!! BUT my overwhelming love of food just makes the whole "eating healthy" part of loosing weight suck!
6. Yes, Casey says my Stephenson clan can eat more than anyone he knows...and he is probably right on that one too. I grew up with well rounded meals...always meat, potato, fruit/salad, bread (of course) and ALWAYS DESSERT!! He is in awe of us at the Holidays! Mom usually has a dessert buffet ready for Christmas Eve!
Well, I don’t know if it is my obsessive, compulsive personality or what? Is it in my genes...I am Swedish and German...does that matter?
This is as random as I am most of the time...Can anyone else relate, got good recipes, cravings, fav restaurants......please share?!
1/19/10
Thoughts...so as I am falling asleep last night, I start thinking about all my fav foods...here is a short list. And again it makes me hungry...I will have to go to the grocery store tonight!
Mash Potatoes, Manicotti, Cheese Bites (especially Sonics), Egg Rolls (any really and I make a good homemade one), Ru Yi's Fried Cheese Wontons, Yellow Peppers, Plums, (Yes, I do love fruits and veggies too...not just food that is horribly bad for you...although it is the best!), Coconut Shrimp, Grapefruit Juice, Chocolate Cake with Chocolate frosting...OMG I am hungry! :)
6/14/11
Not much has changed in the year, still eating and loving food! I have started exercising after reaching an all time high weight...I freaked out a little and joined the gym! I am still thoroughly enjoying my eats but just try not to eat out quite as much! I should do a food journal, but that would be a little scary! I am down 7 pounds in just under 2 months of working out and feeling good!
1. I love summertime eating....fresh veggies, fruits, the Farmers Market, cool salads and sandwiches...anything to not turn on that darn oven and heat up the house! I wished Casey like to grill outside, but not so much.
2. It's ironic, but I do watch the Food Channel when at the gym. I love Rachel Ray at 5:30 and usually that is when I am working on the elliptical. Yes, it makes me hungry and ready to cook good food when I get home!
3. Does anyone else have this happen to them? Nat, I know you do..corn dogs!? This winter while driving around town, I would see billboard and store signs that in my brain read like food instead. For instance, Waters True Value had a store sign advertising "Tube Sand" and every single time I drove by, I read "Tuna Salad"!
4. I would love to be a food critic or write restaurant reviews for the local paper! Give me a restaurant or type of food and I could tell you all about the menu and what's best to order!
5. Food Network Star is back on for the summer! YAY! If you haven't seen it...reality show with chefs, home cooks, etc competing to become the next Food Network Star! Casey says the Food Network is my Porn! Hmmm...he may be right! LOL! I have multiple shows I record weekly from this channel and I wish we got the Cooking channel all the time on Dish Network.
6. The Pioneer Woman....I am a little obsessed with her right now!I love her blog, book, and I need to run down to the bookstore to pick up her cookbook. I visit her blog daily and today she posted about having a film crew down for her new 'cooking/life on the farm' show! Can't wait!
3 comments:
Ok, so many things to say I may forget them all! First and foremost, La Hacienda=YUMMMMMMM, LOVE is nachos with beans!
RuYi has a new sauce for their summertime spring rolls. The spring rolls weren't the best I've ever had, but the sauce was amazing, especially on the cheese wontons!
I also am susceptible, everytime I watch two certain episodes of Gilmore Girls, I HAVE TO HAVE PICKLES! Plus, even if I just ate, and you say La Ha, I will find room in my stomach, and quickly! :)
Traylor and I are going to buy a grill soon. Well, he better hurry up and decide we are, or he will have no say in the one I bring home! So, you can come grill with us :)
See, told you I'd forget one!
When you become a food critic, will you add one line where I can comment on their iced tea? :)
LOVE THIS POST!!!! Russell and I want to start a food blog....but we just don't have the time....maybe some day!!
Post a Comment