Saturday, July 14, 2012

Pregnant, schmregnant...11 week update!

I will be 11 weeks on the 15th of July (tomorrow). It has been a rough month complete with all day nausea, exhaustion, swollen feet, gas, constipation, and food aversions....which to a true foodie, has been the worst!

I know all these first trimester, crazy changes will be worth it in the end. But, right now this pregnancy stuff is for the birds! Why, why would women put themselves through all this more than once!!!

I am beginning to see the light at the end of the tunnel, a cloud is lifting and I think (cross your fingers), the nausea is subsiding! Yay! Or, I have just learned to deal with it by eating and snacking throughout the day. What sounds good one day, doesn't the next...I hate grocery shopping even more now. No cravings yet, and chocolate isn't appetizing anymore. Instead fruit, especially watermelon, has tasted the best.

We made our big announcement and everyone is very excited. Our parents couldn't wait to tell everyone our good news! I have continued to read my "What to Expect" book and everything is right on track. Our second doctor's appointment was on the 5th of July and we got to hear the heartbeat. Casey came along, he got to ask all his questions, and even recorded the heart beat on his phone. He has been a very attentive and helpful father-to-be!

My adventure of the week was bra shopping today at JCPenney! My current under wire bra is not cutting it!  Another wonderful body change....bigger boobs...and they hurt by the end of the day. So, off I went to the mall to see what I could find to help. A very nice sales associate ask to help fit me...one hour and a zillion bras later, we found one that fit and was comfortable! I learned that I was not the size I thought I was (despite my baby on board), same sizes by different companies still fit different, and after that I still had to order one in the color I wanted! I am sure I will be back for a bigger one sooner than later, but for now, it will work!

No comments: