Saturday, October 6, 2012

In an instant...

It is amazing how quickly your life can change, what a difference five minutes, a day, or a week makes. One minute Casey and I are anxiously awaiting to find out whether our baby is a boy or girl and in the next moment our world has crumbled around us.

Our baby boy died inside me.

Three weeks later and we are trying to find our new normal, taking one day at a time. Thankfully, we have wonderful friends and family who have supported, comforted, listened, loved and cooked for us. We have leaned on each other and have grown closer....I didn't think I could love Casey more, until now. Each day we are a little stronger, but there are bad days too....guilt, sadness, little things sneak in to remind us of our loss.

I am literally taking each day as it comes, no big changes or plans. Knowing my emotions and grief will come and go, I am accepting those feelings for what they are, journaling and working through them the best I can.

Fall is here. The air is chilly and the leaves are turning. It's the time of year for football, apple cider, and pumpkins. The season is changing, the world moves on and so must we. Not forgetting, but cherishing our memories, making peace with the situation and gaining strength to try again.

No comments: