The past few weeks, I have listened daily to
Godspeed, Sweet Dreams by the Dixie Chicks. The song has always been one of my favorites and I knew it would be a beautiful lullaby to sing to my future children. Now, with new meaning, it brings me comfort and peace.
http://youtu.be/AwfaTcBNtWo
Also this week, I took part in Studio 11's first Pinterest Party! Studio 11 is going to start holding classes in their shop and teach DIY, fun projects inspired by Pintest ideas or things they have seen and tried. Thursday night was their first class and we made recycled, hand painted wooden signs. We made snacks and the Studio 11 girls provided the beverages, space, and all the supplies!
You can see more pictures on Facebook on the Studio 11 page. Here are a few of my pictures...
 |
| The recycled pallet board ready to paint. Waiting for inspiration to strike...see the wine! |
 |
| Kari helping me mix paint for the sign. We used a milk paint that they sell in the store. It is powder that you mix with equal parts water. |
 |
| Loni working on the letters for her sign. |
 |
| My sign...after paint. |
 |
| Next step, letters. The sign has dried and I used carbon paper and stencils to trace or paint the letters. |
 |
| Loni and Laura working on their signs, the possibilities are endless! |
 |
| You complete the sign by sanding and adding was. All done...just have to add the ribbon for hanging. |
I made it in memory of our baby boy and plan to hang it in our future nursery. It was a good night with friends and I am looking forward to future Pinterst Parties!
No comments:
Post a Comment