I know I am going backwards....I have so much to share, I am not sure where to start!
Today was such a good day at home with Brynn! She will be 8 weeks old tomorrow...wow! She is growing and changing each day. She loves playing on her mat, looking up at all the toys. She is smiling more and cooing at us. We sing songs and listen to music. I take pictures of her daily and find myself wanting to capture each moment . We have somewhat of a sleeping/eating/playing routine down or maybe we are just more comfortable with each other and I am getting use to this whole mommy thing!
Brynn has brought us so much joy and she has taught me to slow down, enjoy the moment, be less plugged in, be more present and quiet! I am still working on it and being someone who was always going and doing, this has been the biggest change for me.
The past two months have gone by so fast. I wish I could stay home full-time with her, I feel like I am just getting started.
My maternity leave was 8 weeks and I am starting back next week (just 3 days, thankfully). So, of course, I am a little emotional. I have been procrastinating the decision as to when she starts day care and when I go back full-time. I realized today that I am just going to have to do it or I might not go back full-time, ever! So, my mom is going to have her 3 days next week while I go back to work....at least I am close!
Last night we met with Brynn's daycare provider. She came highly recommended by several friends and has had a home daycare for 20+ years. I feel more comfortable now that we have visited in person and she answered all our questions.
Boy, my list of "you will never understand until you have a child of your own" keeps growing and will show up in my posts! All the books, babysitting, niece/nephew time, etc just doesn't quite prepare you for the real deal! We are learning as we go, having fun, and sneaking in a little "me" (and us) time while trying to get as much sleep as you can with an infant!
Here are a few pictures from this week...play mat time and hanging with Daddy!
2 comments:
Love it!
Aw, ain't she cute??
I'm staring at her in her "argyle" pjs and one second I think "So Casey!" and the next second I think "So Erin!"
Post a Comment